Lemon Herb Smashed Potatoes
- 2 lbs Mini red & yellow potatoes (scrubbed)
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (plus more for serving)
- 1/2 Lemon (finely grated zest and juice)
- 1 tbsp Fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Fresh thyme (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Fresh capers
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 1 Hours
- Total Time: 75 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Put the potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with cold water by about 1 inch and add 2 tablespoons salt.
2. Bring to a boil, uncovered, over high heat, and then reduce the heat to medium-high and simmer briskly until fork tender, about 45 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
4. Drain the potatoes, reserving 1/4 cup of the water. Return the potatoes to the pan. Shake the pan over medium heat for about a minute to dry the potatoes.
5. Remove from the heat.
6. Add the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice and the reserved cooking water to the potatoes.
7. Add potatoes to lined baking sheet pan, cook at 425 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove from oven.
8. Mash the potatoes, skins and all, with a traditional potato masher to an even consistency.
9. Fold in the herbs and season with capers, salt and pepper.
10. Serve hot with a drizzle of olive oil.
>> Perfect Pairings recommendation: Moroccan Spiced Stuffed Cabbage
Click below to watch the video
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 163.00
- Carbohydrate Content: 22.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 0.00mg
- Fat Content: 8.40g
- Protein Content: 3.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.20g
- Sodium Content: 0.00mg
- Sugar Content: 3.00g
Estimated values generated by Cook'n Software.
Select your email service