- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef (96% lean)
- 4 tbsps Salted butter (divided)
- 1 Medium onion (chopped)
- 3/4 cup Celery (diced)
- 3/4 cup Carrots (shredded)
- 4 cups Russet potatoes (cubed)
- 4 cups Chicken broth
- 3/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups Whole milk (warmed)
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 3/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp Herbs de Provence
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 12 ozs Cheddar cheese (cubed)
- 1/4 cup Sour cream
*Serving calculations based on 16oz beef products.
For 12oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Heat a Dutch oven with butter and add carrots, onion, celery, and ground beef.
2. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are softened, and the ground beef is browned; about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the chicken broth, and cubed potatoes; bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
4. In a microwave-safe bowl (or small saucepan) add 3 tablespoons of butter and melt. Whisk in flour until smooth and lump-free, slowly add in milk until thick to create a roux.
5. Add the thickened milk to the soup pot stirring as you pour it in.
6. Stir in the cheddar cheese cubes until melted.
7. Finish the soup with sour cream, and stir.
8. Serve immediately with green onion as a garnish.
Recipe credit: Amy Desrosiers
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 432.00
- Carbohydrate Content: 23.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 105.00mg
- Fat Content: 26.00g
- Protein Content: 27.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 15.00g
- Sodium Content: 885.00mg
Estimated values generated by Cook'n Software.