Moroccan-Spiced Stuffed Cabbage
Back To Recipe List
Prep Time: 35 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 60 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura’s Lean Ground Beef
- 1 cup Diced onion
- 1/4 cup Currants
- 1/4 cup Dried apricots (chopped)
- 1 tsp Moroccan seasoning blend (Moroccan seasoning is a combination of ground cumin, paprika, ground coriander, ground turmeric, ground allspice, ground cloves, ground ginger, and ground cinnamon.)
- 1/2 cup Orange juice
- 1 can Diced tomatoes with juice (15 ounce can)
- 1 cup Frozen leaf spinach
- 1 cup Prepared cous cous
- Salt and pepper to taste, if desired
- 1 cup Tomato sauce (plain, unseasoned)
- Savoy cabbage (10 leaves)
*12 oz beef products only - Reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 35 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 60 Minutes
1. Preheat oven to 350. Cut largest part of stalk of cabbage leaf out (at base of leaf) and steam with 1/4 cup water 5 minutes in microwave, until soft. Let cool.
2. In large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, brown beef. Add onion and cook 5 minutes, until onion is soft. Stir in currants, apricots and Moroccan seasoning. Add orange juice, reduce slightly. Add tomatoes and spinach, stir and cook until most of liquid is evaporated.
3. Remove pan from heat and stir in couscous. Cool slightly.
4. Spoon 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce into bottom of 9×13-inch baking dish. Lay cabbage leaves out and place 1/2 cup beef filling in center of each leaf. Roll leaves around filling and place rolls, seam side down, into baking dish. Top with remaining sauce and bake 25 minutes.
Note: Savoy cabbage leaves are thinner and more pliable than plain green cabbage leaves. They make filling and rolling the leaves much easier.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 241.00
- Fat Content: 4.00g
- Total Fat Content: 4.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2.00g
- Transfat Content: 0.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 48.00mg
- Sodium Content: 429.00mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 30.00g
- Fiber Content: 5.00g
- Sugar Content: 15.00g
- Protein Content: 24.00g
- Vitamin A: 89.00%
- Vitamin C: 48.00%
- Calcium: 9.00%
- Iron: 24.00%