- 12 ozs Fusilli or elbow pasta
- 2 tbsps Butter
- 2 tbsps Flour
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cups Shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 ozs Fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tbsps Grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Seasoned breadcrumbs
- Cooking spray
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. In a large pot of salted water, cook the pasta and broccoli together, according to package directions.
2. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray, and set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 375 F.
4. Melt butter n a large skillet.
5. Add the flour and cook 1 minute or until flour is golden and well-combined.
6. Whisk in milk, raise heat to medium-high until it comes to a boil, then cook an additional 5 minutes or until smooth and thick.
7. Add dijon and season with salt and pepper if desired.
8. Remove from heat, add cheese, and stir until melted.
9. Stir in the cooked pasta and broccoli, then pour into the prepared baking dish.
10. Top with the breadcrumbs and parmesan or nutritional yeast.
11. Spray top with more cooking spray.
12. Bake 15-20 minutes, then broil a few minutes until the breadcrumbs are golden.
>> Perfect Pairings recommendation: All-American Sliders
Click below to watch the video
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 418.00
- Fat Content: 11.30g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6.60g
- Cholesterol Content: 31.00mg
- Sodium Content: 499.00mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 56.30g
- Sugar Content: 6.50g
- Protein Content: 25.00g
Estimated values generated by Cook'n Software.