Tex Mex Lasagna
Back To Recipe List
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Total Time: 55 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1 can Fire roasted or diced tomatoes (14.5 ounce can, undrained)
- 1 can Diced green chiles (4 ounce can, drained, mild or spicy)
- 1 tbsp Chile powder blend
- 2 tsps Cumin
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 Large egg (lightly beaten)
- 2 cups Small curd cottage cheese
- 14 Corn or flour tortillas (6 inch size, cut into quarters)
- Corn (12 ounce bag frozen or 1 can, drained)
- 3 cups Mexican blend or Monterrey Jack shredded cheese
- Sour cream, extra cheese, salsa (optional garnish)
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Total Time: 55 Minutes
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees. Cover a 9x13 casserole pan with non-stick spray.
2. In a large skillet, cook beef, crumbling with a spoon or potato masher as you go.
3. Stir in tomatoes, chilies, chili powder, cumin and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
4. Blend egg with cottage cheese and set aside. Whirl in a blender for an even smoother sauce.
5. Cover bottom with 6 quartered tortillas (24 wedges)
6. Layer corn, half of the meat mixture, half of the cheese, 4 quartered tortillas (16 wedges) and all of the cottage cheese mixture.
7. Spoon rest of meat mixture on top, then rest of tortillas (16 wedges), and top with rest of cheese.
8. Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before serving with garnishes.
Recipe credit: Chef and Culinary Instructor Rita Heikenfeld