- 1/2 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef (92% lean)
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Boboli pizza shell (11 inch or other pre-baked pizza shell)
- 1 cup Tartar sauce
- 8 ozs Extra sharp or sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Iceberg lettuce (shredded)
- Dill pickles (finely chopped)
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Cook beef with garlic, salt and pepper in a nonstick skillet. Set aside.
2. Brush both sides of pizza shell with olive oil.
3. Heat grill to medium, 350 degrees.
4. Grill pizza shell on one side only just until grill marks appear. Remove immediately.
5. Spread tartar sauce on grilled side of pizza shell.
6. Sprinkle ground beef mixture evenly on top.
7. Cover with shredded cheese.
8. Place on grill and cook, covered, until cheese melts. Start checking after 5 minutes.
9. Top with shredded iceberg lettuce and dill pickles.
Tip: Like it extra meaty?
Go with a full pound of Laura’s lean beef and double the garlic and seasonings.
Additional recipes to complete the meal!
PESTO LACED CAESAR SALAD DRESSING
4 oz. Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided — see instructions
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup pesto or more to taste
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons minced garlic
Worcestershire sauce to taste
Freshly ground pepper to taste
Up to 1/4 cup water
Romaine lettuce, cut into bite size pieces or whatever greens you like.
1. Shred enough cheese to make 1/4 cup. Shred rest of cheese and set aside.
2. Combine 1/4 cup cheese, mayonnaise, pesto, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, anchovy paste, Worcestershire and pepper with a whisk, blender or food processor.
3. Add enough water to thin dressing out to your taste.
MY FAVORITE ICED TEA PUNCH
You’ll be surprised at how delicious this is with a bit of a zing!
1 cup lemon flavored iced tea mix
2 two liter bottles of ginger ale, chilled
Oranges and lemons thinly sliced to float on top
Just mix everything together and enjoy!
Yield: 12-16 servings
Recipe credit: Chef Rita Heikenfeld
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 194.00
- Fat Content: 13.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7.30g
- Cholesterol Content: 46.00mg
- Sodium Content: 378.00mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 6.30g
- Sugar Content: 1.00g
- Protein Content: 13.50g