Slow Cooker Sweet Buffalo Meatballs
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 2 Hours
Total Time: 135 Minutes
- 2 lbs Laura's Lean Ground Beef (Laura's 96% Lean)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Panko crumbs
- 1/2 cup Onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 3 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Garlic salt
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1/4 cup Frank's Red Hot Original Sauce (more to taste)
- 2 tbsps Honey
- 1/4 cup Apricot or peach preserves
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 2 tbsps Soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsps Cornstarch
*Serving calculations based on 16oz beef products.
For 12oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 2 Hours
- Total Time: 135 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Preheat oven to 450F degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, add eggs and whisk. Add all remaining Meatball Ingredients and mix until well combined. Roll meat mixture into desired meatball size. Place meatballs onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes, or until lightly browned.
3. Meanwhile, add all of the Buffalo Sauce ingredients (Frank's Hot Sauce, honey, preserves, brown sugar, soy sauce, corn starch) to a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
4. Line the bottom of your slow cooker with meatballs, drizzle with some Buffalo Sauce, then remaining meatballs followed by the remaining sauce.
5. Cover and cook on low heat for 2 hours, gently stirring an hour after cooking. When done, taste and stir in additional hot wings sauce. Keep warm until serving.
Recipe credit: Amanda Nighbert RD
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 136.00
- Carbohydrate Content: 5.00g
- Protein Content: 18.00g
- Total Fat Content: 4.00g
Estimated values generated by Cook'n Software.