Ground Beef Asian Lettuce Wraps
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 35 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 16 Boston bibb or butter lettuce leaves
- 1 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1 Large onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Hoisin sauce
- 2 cloves Fresh garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsps Minced pickled ginger
- 1/4 cup Shredded carrots
- 2 tsps Dark sesame oil
- 1 dash Asian chili pepper sauce
- 1 can Water chestnuts (8 ounce can; drained and finely chopped)
- 1 bunch Green onions (chopped)
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Gently separate lettuce leaves, be gentle not to tear them. Rinse and pat dry and set aside.
2. Next, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and beef. Stir until browned and crumbly, 5 to 8 minutes. Drain beef and set aside in a bowl.
3. In the same skillet, cook onion until slightly tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
4. Stir hoisin sauce, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger,and chile pepper sauce into onions.
5. Add shredded carrots, water chestnuts, green onions, sesame oil, and cooked beef; cook and stir until the onions about 2-3 minutes.
6. Arrange lettuce leaves on a large serving platter and serve with meat mixture in the center.
Recipe credit: Alley Leto from "Life of Alley" online blog