Healthy Stuffed Peppers
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef (96% lean)
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 4 Whole red, yellow or orange peppers
- 1 Medium onion (diced)
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 cup Cooked rice (whole grain)
- 1 can Low-sodium diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsps Gluten-free Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Dairy free Monterey Jack cheese
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Total Time: 60 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Start by preparing your rice according to package instructions. Then in a large skillet, heat oil and sauté your diced onions for 4-5 minutes. Then add garlic and cook for another minute. Add your ground beef and cook, breaking up meat and cooking until no longer pink. Then stir in cooked rice, diced tomatoes and seasonings and simmer for another 5 minutes.
2. Cut each bell pepper in half, then remove the tops and core. Place peppers cut side up in a baking dish and spoon beef mixture into peppers, top with cheese and bake at 375 for 30 minutes. You can also store these in your refrigerator for 3-4 days before baking or in the freezer for 3-6 months.
Recipe credit: Amanda Nighbert RD
Select your email service