Deconstructed Beef Tamales
Back To Recipe List
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Total Time: 55 Minutes
- 1 1/2 lbs Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Small onion
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 1 tsp Salt
- Salsa (to taste)
- 10 Corn husks
- 3 3/4 cups Sweet corn (cut from the cob, or frozen if not in season)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 4 tsps Corn meal
- 3/4 cup Butter
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 cup Pico de Gallo (optional)
- 1 cup Guacamole (optional)
- 1 cup Sour cream (optional)
- 1 cup Shredded jack cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup Minced cilantro (optional)
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Total Time: 55 Minutes
1. In a skillet, heat oil. Add onions, garlic, and salt and cook for 2 minutes add ground beef and cook until done at 160 degrees.
2. Preheat oven to 325F. Grease a small baking sheet and set aside.
3. In a food processor, grind the corn and then add the sugar, flour, corn meal, butter and baking powder.
4. Grind together very well making a masa.
5. Spread in the prepared baking sheet. Bake in the oven until heated through. Do not over bake, causing the masa to dry out. Remove from oven.
6. Cut a portion of the warm masa.
7. Place on top of a corn husk. Spoon beef on top.
8. Garnish with pico de gallo, guacamole, sour cream, cheese, and cilantro.
Recipe credit: Chef Christy Vega
Recipe video link: https://youtu.be/6G8cjxBh9fE