Crispy Corn Chip Casserole
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 35 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef (92% lean)
- 1 Onion (finely diced)
- 1 pkg Taco seasoning (low sodium preferred)
- 1 cup Chili sauce
- 1 cup Medium salsa
- 1 can Kidney beans (15 ounce can, rinsed)
- 2 tsps Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsps Minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups Monterrey jack cheese (shredded)
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 4 cups Corn chips
*Serving calculations based on 16oz beef products.
For 12oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat cook and crumble ground beef until no longer pink. Drain grease and return beef to skillet. Add onions and garlic. Continue to cook for 5-7 minutes, or until onions are soft and tender.
3. Add taco seasoning, chili sauce, medium salsa, kidney beans, chili powder, pepper, salt, onion powder, and garlic powder. Stir well and let simmer for 3-5 minutes.
4. Pour the meat mixture into the greased 9x13 baking dish. Use a spatula to spread the mixture out evenly.
5. Top meat mixture with half of the Monterey jack and cheddar cheeses. Sprinkle corn chips on top of shredded cheese. Top the corn chips with the remaining cheese.
6. Place the baking dish in the oven and let cook for about 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is fully melted.
7. Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Recipe credit: Stephanie from "Spaceships & Laserbeams" online blog
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 782.00
- Carbohydrate Content: 82.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 53.00mg
- Fat Content: 40.00g
- Protein Content: 27.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10.00g
- Sodium Content: 1048.00mg
- Sugar Content: 4.50g
Estimated values generated by Cook'n Software.