Spiced Ground Beef & Sweet Potato Salad
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Total Time: 50 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1/4 cup Chosen Foods Avocado Oil
- 4 3/4 cup Sweet potato (cut lengthwise into wedges)
- 1 1/2 cups Chickpeas (drained, rinsed)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp Tahini
- 2 tbsps Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 Long red chili (finely chopped)
- 1 1/2 tbsps Honey
- 1/4 cup Mixed salad leaves
- 1 tbsp Pine nuts (toasted)
- 1/2 cup Goat cheese (dairy free, crumbled)
- 2 tbsps Fresh flat parsley leaves (chopped)
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Total Time: 50 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place potato on prepared tray. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon Chosen Foods Avocado Oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden and tender.
3. Meanwhile, process chickpeas, garlic, and tahini in a food processor until almost smooth. Add lemon juice and 2 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper. Process until smooth and combined.
4. Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add ground beef. Cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, for 6 to 8 minutes or until browned. Add allspice, cinnamon, and chili. Cook, stirring for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add honey. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until ground beef starts to caramelize and crisp.
5. Spread hummus on serving plate. Top with salad leaves, potato, and spiced beef. Sprinkle with pine nuts, cheese, parsley, and mint. Serve with bread.
Click below to watch the video
Select your email service