- 1 1/2 lbs Laura's Lean Ground Beef (92% lean)
- 2 tbsps Olive oil
- 2 tbsps Powdered ranch or Italian salad dressing
- 2 tsps Canadian steak seasoning
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- Fresh parsley (handful, minced, plus extra for garnish)
- 6 Cheese slices (thick, any favorite cheese)
- 6 Potatoes (small, peeled and sliced thin or cubed)
- 12 Mushrooms (sliced)
- 6 Red or sweet onion (thick slices)
- 3 tsps Canadian steak seasoning
- Olive oil (drizzle)
- Optional: carrots, zucchini, fresh green beans (diced)
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 50 Minutes
1. Place beef in large bowl. With a potato masher or wooden spoon, gently break up meat.
2. Add olive oil and mix gently.
3. Add dressing of choice, steak seasoning, garlic and parsley. Mix gently and divide into 6 patties.
4. Poke a hole in the center of each patty. This helps prevent them from humping up in the middle during grilling.
5. Set aside while preparing vegetables.
1. In a large bowl, mix potatoes and mushrooms together.
2. Sprinkle in steak seasoning and mix to coat.
3. Pour in enough olive oil to coat.
4. Keep onions separate. No need to season them.
1. Each dinner requires 2 sheets of foil, 12”x18’’. Spray foil with nonstick spray.
2. Place 1 onion slice on each foil packet.
3. Divide vegetable mushroom mixture evenly between packets.
4. Place hamburger on top of vegetable mushroom mixture.
5. Seal packets tightly.
6. Brush grill with olive oil.
7. Preheat to medium, 350 degrees.
8. Place packets on grill, and grill until burgers are done and vegetable mixture is tender, 30-40 minutes.
9. Open packets carefully, place cheese slices on top, and seal again for a few minutes until cheese melts.
10. Sprinkle with parsley.
Tip: Change it up!
Sub in or add: Diced or shredded carrots or zucchini, fresh green beans, cut up or your choice of fresh vegetables.
Additional recipes to complete the meal!
GRILLED GARLIC BREAD
1. Cut crusty bread into thick slices.
2. Brush both sides with olive oil.
3. Grill over medium heat, 350 degrees, turning once, until marked on both sides.
4. Rub a raw clove of garlic on the top.
MIXED GREEN SALAD WITH BALSAMIC DRESSING
Toss your favorite salad greens, summer vegetables and cheese together, then make a dressing of 2 parts oil to 1 part Balsamic vinegar, a squeeze of Dijon mustard and some minced fresh herbs, like garlic or onion chives, minced basil and parsley.
GRILLED ANGEL FOOD CAKE WITH GRILLED PINEAPPLE AND VANILLA ICE CREAM
1. Core pineapple and cut into thick slices. Dip each piece in melted butter then sprinkle both sides with brown sugar, patting the brown sugar on so that it sticks.
2. Grill over medium heat, 350 degrees, for 6 minutes or so, turning several times, until caramelized with grill marks.
3. Cut angel food cake into fairly thick slices. Brush very lightly with melted butter. Grill over medium heat, 350 degrees, just until grill marks appear on both sides. This takes only a couple of minutes.
4. To serve, place cake on plate, top with pineapple and add a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Tip: Don’t pitch that pineapple core!
+ Make a refreshing pineapple cooler.
+ Place cut up core in a pitcher, add water and let infuse from 1 hour to overnight.
+ Serve chilled. Pineapple helps with digestion and is rich in vitamin C.
Recipe credit: Chef Rita Heikenfeld