Southern Ground Beef Meatloaf
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hours
Total Time: 75 Minutes
- 1 1/2 lbs Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 20 Saltine crackers (crushed)
- 1/2 cup Onion (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup Green bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 Large egg
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Dried thyme
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 2 tbsps Milk
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup Ketchup or barbecue sauce (for the topping)
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 1 Hours
- Total Time: 75 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Gather the ingredients. Pre-heat the oven to 350 F.
2. Grease an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan or line it with foil and then lightly grease it. Alternatively, for a free-form loaf, line a rimmed baking pan with foil.
In a large bowl, combine the ground beef with the crushed saltines, onion, green pepper, egg, paprika, garlic powder, salt, thyme, black pepper, 1/3 cup of ketchup, milk, and Worcestershire sauce.
3. Pack the meat mixture into the loaf pan or shape it and place it on the baking pan.
4. Bake the meatloaf for 1 hour. Carefully pour excess grease into a can or jar (dispose of it in the trash after it cools).
5. Spread the meatloaf with 1/2 to 3/4 cup of ketchup or barbecue sauce and continue baking for 15 minutes longer, or until the meatloaf registers at least 160 F on an instant-read food thermometer inserted into the center. (If you have instead swapped ground turkey or chicken for the beef, cook the loaf to an internal temperature of 165 F.)
6. Let the meatloaf rest for ten minutes before slicing so it holds together well. Then, serve and enjoy!
Select your email service