One-Pot Chili Mac & Cheese
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 2 lbs Laura's Lean Ground Beef (96% lean)
- 8 ozs Dry elbow macaroni
- 1 Small onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 cans Tomato sauce (15 ounce)
- 1 can Dark red kidney beans (16 ounce)
- 1 can Fire roasted green chiles (4 ounce, diced)
- 1 can Petite tomatoes (14.5 ounce, diced, undrained)
- 1 1/2 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1 cup Shredded reduced fat cheese
- Green onions, fat free sour cream or plain yogurt, additional cheese for garnish
*Serving calculations based on 16oz beef products.
For 12oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Fill a large 5-quart Dutch oven or stockpot with water and cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and set pasta aside.
2. Return pot to stove on medium-high heat. Spray the Dutch oven or stockpot with non-stick cooking spray. Add the ground beef and cook for about 5 minutes, breaking up the meat with a spatula. Once meat is cooked, drain excessive liquid, if needed.
3. Add onion and garlic. Cook onions and garlic until onions are soft.
4. Add tomato sauce, green chilies, kidney beans, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer, occasionally stirring. Cook for about 15 minutes.
5. Combine the cooked pasta and cheese to the meat and beans. Cook for another minute or until well combined and the cheese is melted.
6. Serve with your favorite toppings such as: fat free sour cream, sliced onions, or additional cheese.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 350.00
- Carbohydrate Content: 38.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 30.00mg
- Fat Content: 4.60g
- Protein Content: 28.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.50g
- Sodium Content: 450.00mg
- Sugar Content: 4.00g
Estimated values generated by Cook'n Software.