Carne Asada Guacamole Burgers
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1 tbsp Fresh lime juice
- 4 tbsps Fresh orange juice
- 1/2 Red onion (grated)
- 2 tbsps Fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 slices Pickled jalapeños (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Red chili flakes or chili powder
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Ground paprika
- Salt to taste
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese
- 4 Small bread rolls (sliced)
- Chosen Foods Guacamole (or prepare homemade according to preparation directions below)
- PICO DE GALLO:
- 1/4 Red onion (finely diced)
- 2 Ripe tomatoes (diced)
- 2 tbsps Fresh cilantro leaves (shredded)
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- Salt to taste
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Combine beef, lime juice, orange juice, onion, cilantro, garlic, jalapeños, chili flakes, cumin, paprika and salt in a large bowl. Mix well with your hands for about a minute, until the meat has combined with the other ingredients. Divide the meat mixture into 4 equal parts and firmly mold them into round patties about 1-inch thick. Drizzle a skillet or nonstick pan with a small amount of oil; preheat pan over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, sear the burgers for 5 to 6 minutes on each side until cooked to your liking. In the last minute or two of cooking, add the sliced cheese over the patties and allow the cheese to melt.
2. Build burgers with lettuce (optional), beef, guacamole and Pico de Gallo.
3. Cut the avocados in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin and place the avocado flesh into a bowl.
4. Add the lemon juice, lime juice, red onion, chives, jalapeño, salt and pepper. Mash with a fork until half smooth and creamy. Taste and add more salt and pepper if desired.
Pico De Gallo:
5. Combine the tomatoes, onions and cilantro together in your serving dish. Drizzle with the lime juice; salt to taste.