Skillet Beef Burrito
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Red onion (diced)
- 1/2 Green bell pepper (sliced)
- 1/2 Red bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 1/2 ozs Fajita seasoning
- 15 ozs Pinto or black beans
- 1 pkg Microwavable brown rice (heated)
- 10 ozs Diced tomatoes
- 1 cup Sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Chopped cilantro, Pico de Gallo, sour cream, diced avocado (for garnish)
*Serving calculations based on 16oz beef products.
For 12oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Using a large shallow saute pan on medium high heat, add the olive oil. Add the red onion and bell peppers and cook until softened, about 5-7 minutes.
2. Add ground beef to the veggies and use a spatula to break up the meat and cook until browned. Season the meat and veggies with the fajita seasoning and stir to combine.
3. Add the brown rice, beans, and diced tomatoes and stir. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Allow the burrito mixture to simmer on low for 5 minutes. Top off with shredded cheese.
4. Serve the burrito mixture with soft tortilla shells and lay out toppings for individual serving such as chopped cilantro, pico de gallo, sour cream, and diced avocado.
Recipe credit: Nicole Washington