Classic Patty Melt Sandwich
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
- 1 1/2 lbs Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1 tsp Table salt
- 1 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 Butter (3/4 of a stick of butter; unsalted, divided)
- 10 ozs Yellow onion (sliced)
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 8 slices Regular bread or Texas toast
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Laura’s Lean Ground Beef, add 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, olive oil, and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well until all ingredients are combined then divide the meat approximately into 4 equal portions (about 6 ounces each). Form each portion loosely into the thick burger to fit your bread slices, then make a deep depression in the center with your thumb.
2. Place on the platter, cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, turn the stove to medium and heat your skillet, griddle, or a frying pan then add unsalted butter.
4. When the butter is melted, add the onion, toss to coat in the butter. Toss every 2 to 3 minutes until the onions are soft and golden brown. About 12 to 15 minutes. Set aside!
5. You can grill burgers or use a skillet/griddle. Since it is a grilling season, I thought of making my burger on the grill.
6. For the grill: Grill the burgers until golden brown about 4 minutes on one side, flip, and grill 4 minutes for medium-rare. Please make your burger doneness your preferences.
7. If you are cooking on the sauté pan, skillet, or griddle: Heat the oil in the skillet or griddle over high heat until the oil begins to shimmer; Turn down the heat to medium, then cook burgers for 3-4 minutes on each side for medium-rare. When done set aside.
8. Spread a thin layer of butter on each slice of bread.
9. Place a slice or two of cheese, a tablespoon of caramelized onions, a burger, a bit more of carnalized onions and top it off with the cheese. Place another slice of bread on top.
10. Heat your skillet or a griddle, then toast the sandwich on both sides for a few minutes until golden brown and crisp, and the cheese is melted. Slice in half and serve right away!
Recipe credit: Sandra Mihic from "Easy Cooking" online blog
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 578.00
- Fat Content: 34.70g
- Saturated Fat Content: 18.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 125.00mg
- Sodium Content: 896.00mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 32.00g
- Sugar Content: 5.20g
- Protein Content: 36.00g