- 2 lbs Laura's 92% Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Onion (medium, diced)
- 2 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Bread, cracker or Panko crumbs
- 1 tsp Nutmeg (ground)
- 1 tsp Parsley (dried)
- 1 Egg (large)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- Total Time: 55 Minutes
1. Mix in a large bowl: ground beef, onions, garlic, parsley, nutmeg, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
2. In a separate bowl, crack egg and using a fork, beat egg well.
3. Add egg to meat mixture and combined well. Roll into small bites size meatballs.
4. Consider freezing half the meatballs to use later. Do this by laying them out on a sheet pan and freeze for about an hour. Then place frozen meatballs in a freezer safe bag to use at a later date. Good in your freezer for up to 6 months.
5. Heat a skillet or dutch oven that you have a lid for with a small coat of avocado or coconut oil to high. Brown all sides of meatballs leaving enough room in between to flip them so that all sides are nice and browned and meatballs are cooked thoroughly. Remove meatballs from pan, place on separate plate.
6. Add 4 Tablespoons butter and flour to skillet and whisk until it turns brown. Slowly stir in beef broth and milk. Add worcestershire sauce and bring to a simmer until sauce starts to thicken. Salt and pepper to taste.
7. Add the meatballs back to the skillet and simmer for another 1-2 minutes. Serve over egg noodles or rice. Or serve with mashed potatoes and peas or another vegetable favorite.
2 cups beef broth
4 tablespoon butter
3 tbsp flour
1 cup milk
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Nutrition info for sauce: makes 6 servings, each serving = 104 calories, 8g fat, 5g sat fat, 22g chol, 323mg sodium, 6g carbs, 0g fiber, 2g sugar, 2g protein
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 246.00
- Fat Content: 13.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 111.00mg
- Sodium Content: 497.00mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 4.00g
- Fiber Content: 1.00g
- Sugar Content: 1.00g
- Protein Content: 30.00g