Salisbury Steak Cordon Bleu
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 35 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 2 tbsps flat-leaf parsley (chopped)
- 2 tsps butter
- 2 tbsps onion (finely chopped)
- 1 oz ham (chopped)
- 2 tbsps white wine
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 oz Jarlsberg cheese (grated)
- 4 tsps panko bread crumbs
- Parsley for garnish
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Mix Laura's 92% Lean ground beef with parsley. Divide the beef into 4 portions to make 4 patties or “chopped steaks.”
2. Heat butter in heavy, non-stick skillet. Sear the “steaks” on both sides, about 5 minutes total. Remove to plate and keep warm.
3. Add onion and ham to the skillet. Cook until onion is softened, about 2 minutes. Add white wine and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Add the Worcestershire sauce and the beef stock. Bring all to boil, reduce to slow simmer and return the “steaks” to the skillet.
4. Cover and cook 10 minutes, turning the steaks in the stock 1 time. Remove steaks from skillet and keep warm.
5. Turn oven broiler on, making sure top rack is at highest position in oven. Add cream to skillet, bring all to boil. Cook to thicken (about 5 minutes). Place steaks on oven-safe serving platter or baking dish. Pour sauce over all. Top each steak with 1/4 ounce of cheese and 1 teaspoon Panko crumbs and place under broiler 1 minutes, until bread crumbs just begin to brown (keep a close watch). Garnish with additional chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 268.00
- Fat Content: 17.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 87.00mg
- Sodium Content: 297.00mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 3.00g
- Fiber Content: 0.00g
- Protein Content: 26.00g
- Vitamin A: 11.00%
- Calcium: 9.00%
- Iron: 24.00%
Estimated values generated by Cook'n Software.