Ground Beef with Red Wine & Mushrooms Pasta
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 35 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups Mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 1/4 Sweet onion (diced)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 cups Marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup Red wine
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 cup Medium cheddar cheese
- Handful of fresh basil (shredded)
- 4 cups Past (short noodles work best)
- Salt and pepper to taste
*Serving calculations based on 16oz beef products.
For 12oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. In a large pot on high heat, boil the pasta according to package directions. Just before draining, set aside 1/2 cup of pasta water for later. Drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium/large pot, add oil, ground beef, onion and garlic and cook about until beef is almost browned. Then add mushrooms. Cook until all brown.
3. Add the marinara sauce, red wine, pasta water, bay leaves and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
4. Cover and bring to a simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure it doesn’t stick.
5. Remove the lid and let simmer 5 minutes. Add the cheese and stir until melted. Add the cooked pasta and fresh basil and stir to combine. Serve.