- 1 lb Laura’s Lean Ground Beef
- 5 Martin's Hoagie Rolls
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 1/4 cup Minced onion
- 2 tsps Minced garlic
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp Fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
- 3 cups Vegetable oil (for frying)
- 2 1/2 cups Barbecue sauce
- 2 tbsps Melted butter
- 1/2 tsp Granulated garlic
- 2 Green onions (sliced)
- Coleslaw for serving (optional)
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Add ground beef to a large mixing bowl. In a small bowl, add milk and bread and mix together until smooth, add to ground beef along with the beaten egg, onion, garlic and salt and pepper. Mix well.
2. Use a medium cookie scoop to form meatballs.
3. Roll meatballs in flour and place on a baking sheet.
4. Add oil to a heavy skillet and heat to 350 degrees. In another pan, add barbecue sauce and place on low.
5. Cook meatballs in batches about 4 minutes each, turning to brown all sides.
6. Drain meatballs as you remove them from the oil and place into barbecue sauce.
7. Simmer meatballs about 5 minutes in sauce.
8. Mix butter and granulated garlic. Brush over outsides and tops of hoagie rolls and toast lightly.
9. Place coleslaw (if desired) in hoagie rolls and top with barbecue meatballs. Garnish with green onions and serve immediately.