North Atlantic Chesapeake Crab Burger
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura’s Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Large egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Hamburger buns
- CRAB TOPPING:
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Shallot (minced)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Seafood stock
- 3 tbsps Dijon mustard
- 1/2 lb Lump crabmeat
- 2 tbsps Butter
- OLD BAY MAYONNAISE:
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. In a large bowl combine the ground beef, egg, salt, and pepper. Mix until all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
2. Form the meat mixture into 4 equal size patties.
3. Pre-heat grill to a medium-high heat. Place the patties on the grill and close lid cooking for 5 minutes before flipping the patties and cooking for approximately 5 more minutes, or until the internal temperature of the burger is 160 degrees F.
4. While the burger cooks make the crab topping.
5. Place the cooked patties on the buns and top the burger with the crab mixture.
6. Add Old Bay mayo and enjoy!
7. In a saucepan over medium-high heat add the olive oil and the finely minced shallot. Sauté until the shallot is softened and translucent.
8. Add the seafood stock to the pan making sure to scrape up any little bits off the bottom of the pan. Continue to cook for 30 seconds letting the stock reduce slightly.
9. Add the mustard, salt and pepper to the stock and bring to a boil.
10. Reduce the heat to medium and add the crab meat and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
11. Once done remove from the heat and add gently stir in the butter.
OLD BAY MAYONNAISE:
12. Whisk all ingredients together.