Back To Recipe List
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
- 2 lbs Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 Yukon Gold potato (peeled, 1/2 inch diced)
- 1 bunch Cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1/4 cup Red wine vinegar
- Salt (to taste)
- 1/2 lb Yellow masarepa (Goya brand)
- 1/2 pkg Sazon Goya
- 1/2 Egg white
- Hot water (1 1/2 to 2 cups)
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 Minutes
1. Cook the Laura’s Lean Beef in a large skillet with 1 Tbsp. of canola oil on low to medium heat for 10 minutes or until fully cooked (160 degrees).
2. Season with cumin, salt, and red wine vinegar, and then add cilantro.
3. While the beef cooks, gently simmer potato in salted water until tender. Drain and cool.
1. Add all ingredients (Yellow masarepa, Sazon Goya, egg white, hot water) to a stand mixer and paddle on low until a springy dough forms, adding more water as necessary.
2. Portion dough into 2 oz. balls.
3. Roll dough ball out flat, then place about 2 oz. of beef filling into the center, fold over dough, and pinch to close. Use a ring cutter to round out edges and trim excess dough.
4. Deep fry empanadas in 350-degree oil for approximately 5 to 7 minutes until golden brown and hot in the center. Serve with a hot sauce or chutney of your choice.