Skinny Spaghetti Casserole
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef (96% lean)
- 12 ozs Spaghetti noodles or whole wheat noodles
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tbsp Dried parsley
- 2 tsps Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsps White granulated sugar substitute
- 2 tbsps Cornstarch
- 2 cans Tomato sauce (15-ounce cans)
- 1 can Crushed tomatoes (15-ounce can)
- 1 cup Shredded reduced fat mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 1/4 tsp Dried parsley
- 8 ozs Reduced fat cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup Fat free ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
- Garnish with fresh or dried parsley, if desired
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 50 Minutes
- Total Time: 60 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray 13x9-inch or 3-quart baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
3. Spray a large skillet with non stick cooking spray.
4. Cook the lean ground beef over medium heat until browned and cooked through. Break up the meat into small pieces as it cooks.
5. Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl combine the tomato sauce, sugar substitute, and crushed tomatoes. Whisk in 1 Tbsp cornstarch. Stir until well combined. Add salt, pepper, onion powder, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce.
6. Pour sauce mixture into the skillet with the meat. Stir and simmer 30 minutes.
7. Cook spaghetti to al dente-that is cooked to be firm to the bite. Drain and pour noodles into a large mixing bowl.
8. Place 2 cups of meat sauce into the bowl with the cooked spaghetti. Mix until well combined.
9. In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella, fat free ricotta cheese or cottage cheese, and dry parsley until blended.
10. Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce at bottom of the prepared baking dish.
11. Layer the dish with 1/2 spaghetti noddles, then spread cream cheese mixture over the top of noodles, top with remanning spaghetti. Lastly spread the remaining meat sauce over the top of the noodles.
12. Top casserole with remaining 1/2 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese.
13. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
14. Uncover and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Recipe credit: The Pound Dropper
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 319.00
- Carbohydrate Content: 43.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 56.00mg
- Fat Content: 9.00g
- Fiber Content: 4.00g
- Protein Content: 25.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3.00g
- Sodium Content: 887.00mg
- Sugar Content: 3.00g
Estimated values generated by Cook'n Software.
Select your email service