- 2 cups Laura's Lean Chicken Breast (cooked, chopped)
- 1 Onion (large, chopped)
- 4 Celery stalks (chopped)
- 1 Carrot (chopped)
- cup Butter (1/3 of a cup)
- 1/2 cup All-purpose flour (sifted)
- 2 cups Chicken broth
- 1 cup Milk or almond milk
- 1 cup Peas (frozen, thawed)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Water
- 4 Unbaked pie crusts (homemade or store bought)
- Prep Time: 45 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 60 Minutes
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. TO MAKE FILLING: Saute the onion, celery and carrot in butter in a big skillet over medium heat until tender. Add flour; stir until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add chicken broth and milk or almond milk; cook, stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly.
3. Stir in chicken, peas, salt, and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes on low.
1. Remove the pie crust from the refrigerator and roll out the dough to create 4 rounds about 1/6-inch thick.
2. Ladle the warm chicken pie filling in 4 ramekins and place them on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Place the pie dough on top of each ramekin and flute the edges. You can cut away the excess pie dough and crimp with a fork.
3. With a fork whisk the egg and 1 tbsp water together to make the egg wash. Brush the top of the 4 pies with the egg wash.
4. Place the pies into the oven and bake on the center rack for 15 minutes until the crust is fragrant and golden brown. Remove the pies from the oven, let rest for 10 minutes and then serve at once. Enjoy.
FREEZING INSTRUCTIONS: After step three you may freeze the filling in a labeled freezer safe container/bag. To prepare from frozen, read instructions below.
Thaw filling in refrigerator. You might need to stir or mush the filling together to combine well and re-incorporate. Assemble as described above and bake accordingly.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 450.00
- Fat Content: 22.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 11.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 66.00mg
- Sodium Content: 743.00mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 42.00g
- Fiber Content: 3.00g
- Sugar Content: 9.00g
- Protein Content: 18.00g