Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup Onion (diced)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese (shredded, divided)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Baking mix
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Garlic salt
*Serving calculations based on 16oz beef products.
For 12oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spray an 8-inch pie pan with nonstick spray.
3. In a large skillet cook the ground beef, onion, salt, pepper, and onion powder over medium heat until the meat is browned, and onions are translucent. Drain any extra fat.
4. Place half of the meat mixture in the prepared pie pan. Sprinkle ½ cup of the cheddar cheese over the meat.
5. Top with the remaining ground beef.
6. Place the remaining cheddar cheese on top of the meat mixture.
7. In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, baking mix, milk, and garlic salt until fairly smooth. It’s okay if it has a few lumps. Pour this mixture over the meat pie.
8. Bake for 25 minutes or until a cake tester or knife inserted comes out clean.
9. When you're ready to serve, add your favorite cheeseburger toppings. It's perfect served with a big, crunchy pickle, crisp lettuce, red onions, avocado, and fresh tomatoes.
PRO TIP: You can assemble this up to eight hours ahead of baking. Just keep it in the fridge, covered in plastic wrap, until you're ready to bake. If you're starting with a cold casserole, you may need to add a few minutes to your baking time to compensate.
HOMEMADE BAKING MIX
If you don't have a box of store-bought baking mix on hand, you can make your own.
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tsp of cold butter
1. Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
2. Work in the cold butter using a fork or pastry cutter until you get a breadcrumb-like mix.
Recipe credit: "Spaceships & Laserbeams" online blog
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 401.00
- Carbohydrate Content: 14.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 176.00mg
- Fat Content: 23.80g
- Protein Content: 34.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 11.00g
- Sodium Content: 772.00mg
- Sugar Content: 5.00g
Estimated values generated by Cook'n Software.