Egg Stuffed Meatloaf
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hours
Total Time: 75 Minutes
- 2 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vegetable oil
- 1/2 Diced onion
- 1 Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs (plain)
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 1 tbsp Fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 2 tbsps Ketchup
- 1/4 tsp Chipotle powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 1 Hours
- Total Time: 75 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Place 3 of the eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Set the the other egg aside to mix with the meat. Place the saucepan with the eggs over high heat and bring to a boil. Remove the eggs from the heat, cover, and set aside for 7 minutes. Transfer the boiled eggs to cold water and allow to chill completely, about 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, make the meatloaf meat mixture. Place a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the vegetable oil followed by the onion and cook until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes more. Set aside to cool.
3. In a large bowl, beat the remaining egg. Add the Worcestershire sauce, ground beef, breadcrumbs, milk, mustard, salt, pepper, and the cooled onions and garlic. Mix with your hands until fully combined.
4. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a large casserole dish lightly with vegetable oil on the bottom.
5. Take ¼ of the meat mixture and form into and oval and place in the casserole dish. Peel the eggs and line them up down the middle of the meat in the dish. Form the remaining meat mixture into a larger oval and place over the eggs. Form the meat into a long loaf, making sure to seal the edges.
6. In a small bowl, stir together the ketchup and chipotle powder. Spoon half of the ketchup mixture on the top of the meatloaf and spread to cover the top. Place the meatloaf in the oven and bake for 1 ½ hours.
7. Allow the meatloaf to cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with the remaining chipotle ketchup, chopped fresh cilantro, and enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 340.00
- Carbohydrate Content: 14.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 182.00mg
- Protein Content: 35.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6.00g
- Sugar Content: 8.00g
- Total Fat Content: 15.00g
Estimated values generated by Cook'n Software.
Select your email service