- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 2 tbsps Vegetable or olive oil (plus 1 additional tablespoon for rice mixture)
- 2 tsps Ground chipotle chile powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Uncooked white or brown rice
- 1/4 cup Fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup Fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 2 cups Romaine lettuce (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Sour cream
- 1/2 cup Colby or Monterey Jack cheese (shredded)
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. In a skillet cook, brown the beef until fully cooked and broken up into pieces. Add the olive oil, chipotle powder, garlic powder, paprika, oregano, and salt. Stir well and let cook for 2 minutes. Add the water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Cook the rice as directed. When cooked, toss the rice with a fork adding the additional vegetable or olive oil, lime juice, and cilantro.
3. To make the bowls: Add 1/2 cup chopped romaine to each bowl. Top the lettuce with rice, beef, sour cream, and cheese.
Maggie Green, RDN author of "The Essential Pantry"
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 487.00
- Fat Content: 25.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 80.00mg
- Sodium Content: 159.00mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 39.00g
- Sugar Content: 1.00g
- Protein Content: 29.00g
Estimated values generated by Cook'n Software.