Jack O' Lantern Stuffed Peppers
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 yellow onion (medium diced)
- 1 clove garlic (large minced)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 can black beans (14.5 ounce drained and rinsed)
- 2 cans tomato sauce (about 8 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 4 orange bell peppers
- salt & pepper (to taste)
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Slice the stem end off of each pepper. Remove the seeds and center from the peppers, then cut a jack o lantern face out of the side. If needed, cut a small amount of the pepper off of the bottom so that they stand upright. Season the inside of the peppers with salt, then place in a baking dish and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
3. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil followed by the Laura's 92% Lean ground beef, salt, and pepper. Cook until almost browned, then add the onions, garlic, chili powder, and cumin. Cook for 3 minutes more.
4. Add the black beans and tomato sauce to the ground beef. Cook for 3 minutes, then fold in the rice. Gently stuff the peppers, being sure to add extra so that the filling is coming out of the top. Place the stem side of the pepper on top of the stuffing, then arrange in the baking dish. Add ¼ cup of water to the baking dish and cover with foil.
5. Bake the peppers until they become tender, but still have a slight crunch, about 15 minutes. Remove the stem side of the pepper, sprinkle each with an even amount of cheese, then replace the top and serve.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 434.00
- Carbohydrate Content: 45.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 91.00mg
- Fiber Content: 6.00g
- Protein Content: 35.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6.00g
- Sodium Content: 962.00mg
- Sugar Content: 11.00g
- Total Fat Content: 13.00g
Estimated values generated by Cook'n Software.
Select your email service