Ground Beef, Chorizo & Beer Sloppy Joes
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Total Time: 50 Minutes
- 3/4 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 3/4 lb Ground chorizo
- 1/2 Large white or yellow onion (diced)
- 1 Jalapeño (seeded and diced)
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 3/4 cup Beer
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsps Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Dry mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- Dashes of hot sauce to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Olive oil
- Pretzel buns (toasted, or your favorite buns)
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- Total Time: 50 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. To a Dutch oven or stockpot, add butter and a drizzle of olive oil and heat over MED-HIGH heat. Add beef and chorizo and brown, crumbling with a wooden spoon or potato masher.
2. Drain meat mixture.
3. Return meat to pot and add onion and jalapeno. Reduce heat to MED and sauté for 2 minutes, until onion and jalapeño soften. Add garlic and sauté another minute.
4. Pour in beer and use wooden spoon to scrape bottom of the pan to deglaze. Let beer cook 30 seconds or so.
5. Add ketchup, brown sugar, chili powder, mustard powder, red pepper, hot sauce and salt and pepper. Stir to combine well and bring to a bubble.
6. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
7. Add additional beer or water if mixture looks like it's reducing too quickly.
8. Serve over toasted buns or crispy French fries.