Southeast Mountain Burger
- 1 lb Laura’s Lean Ground Beef
- 4 Ciabatta rolls
- 4 slices Bacon (thick slices, cooked)
- 1 Cambozola cheese (large wedge, usually found in the specialty cheese section)
- Chipotle mayonnaise (one jar, found next to regular mayo at the store)
- 1 Yellow onion (caramelized)
- Salt and pepper to taste
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Separate ground beef into 4 equal-sized pieces for 1/4 pound patties. Shape into patties and add a little salt, pepper and whatever other seasonings you like in your burger. Set aside.
2. Cook bacon – in the oven is easiest for clean-up. Just line a baking sheet with foil, and lay slices on top. Place in 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until it reaches desired crispness, drain on paper towel. Set aside.
3. While bacon is in the oven, thinly slice yellow onions and caramelize on the stovetop. To caramelize onions, put them in a skillet on low heat and stir occasionally until onions turn a deep golden brown.
4. Slice 4 thick slices of Cambozola cheese. Set aside.
5. Cook patties on the grill or on a griddle. About 2 minutes before patties are done, add slices of Cambozola cheese and allow to melt.
6. Slice and toast ciabatta buns on a griddle or in the oven. Set aside.
7. Assemble! Chipotle mayo on both buns, caramelized onions on bottom bun. Top with cheese covered patty, bacon and top bun. Enjoy!
Select your email service