- 6 ozs Laura's 92% Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 Celery stalk (small, diced)
- 1 Carrot (small, peeled, diced)
- 1/4 Onion (small, diced)
- 3 cups Chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups Chopped spinach
- 2 ozs Orzo or Acini di Peppe (tiny pasta)
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 3 Hours
- Total Time: 190 Minutes
1. In a small bowl, combine the ground beef, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Knead with your hands until completely mixed.
2. Form the meat mixture into small meatballs that are about 3/4-inch. Place the chopped celery, carrot, an onions in the bottom of a small or medium slow cooker. Place the meatballs on top and pour in the broth. Put on the lid and cook for 3 hours on high heat.
3. 20 minutes before the soup is finished cooking, add the chopped spinach and tiny pasta.
4. Ladle the soup into two bowls and top each with an even amount of Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Renee Brewer, Certified Sommelier recommends the perfect pairing of a medium bodied white or red blend wine for this dish.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 296.00
- Fat Content: 13.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 82.00mg
- Sodium Content: 745.00mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 14.00g
- Fiber Content: 3.00g
- Sugar Content: 3.00g
- Protein Content: 29.00g