Ground Beef Chop Suey
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 35 Minutes
- 1 1/2 lbs Laura’s Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Large onion (sliced)
- 3 tbsps Cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Cold water
- 2 Beef bouillon cubes
- 1 1/2 tbsps Hot water
- 5 Celery stalks (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 tsp Brown sugar
- 3 tsps Soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1 can Bean sprouts (12-ounce can, drained)
- Cooked rice or Chinese noodles (optional)
*Serving calculations based on 16oz beef products.
For 12oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and ground beef. Cook, stirring frequently, until browned. Drain off any excess grease.
2. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and cold water and stir until smooth. Set aside.
3. Combine the bouillon cubes and hot water in a small bowl and mix until dissolved. Add the mixture to the skillet along with the celery and pepper. Mix well, cover the skillet, reduce the heat to a simmer and let cook for 10 minutes.
4. Add the brown sugar, soy sauce, and cornstarch mixture to the skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, until the sauce thickens. Stir in the bean sprouts. Cook, stirring gently, for 1-2 minutes or until the bean sprouts are heated through.
5. Serve hot with white rice or Chinese noodles, if desired.