Pasta Bake with Ground Beef & Pumpkin
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Total Time: 65 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Onion (peeled, diced)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 cups Tomato sauce
- 1 cup Unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1/4 cup Fresh basil (chopped)
- 2 cups Shredded mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb Pasta
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Total Time: 65 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Add the olive oil and onion to a large skillet and sauté for a few minutes until the onion softens. Add the minced garlic and continue cooking for an additional minute. Add the ground beef and brown, stirring often.
2. Stir in the tomato sauce, milk and pumpkin puree and simmer on medium low heat for about 15 minutes. Stir in the salt, pepper, oregano and basil. Stir in the Parmesan and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
3. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
4. Cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions. Drain and toss the pasta in with the sauce. If your skillet is oven proof, you can leave the mixture in there or transfer it to a casserole dish. Top with the remaining cup of mozzarella cheese and bake for about 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Select your email service