One-Pot Marry Me Beef
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef (92% lean)
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 3/4 cups Beef broth (reduced sodium)
- 1/4 cup Oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes (chopped)
- 3/4 cup Long grain white rice
- 1/4 cup Heavy cream
- 3 tbsps Grated Parmesan cheese (plus more for serving)
- Fresh basil (chopped, for serving)
*Serving calculations based on 16oz beef products.
For 12oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat, breaking up the meat as it cooks. Add the garlic, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and stir to coat. Cook for 1 minute, until the herbs are fragrant.
2. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and rice and stir to combine. Cook for 30 seconds to toast the rice.
3. Add the broth and bring to a simmer, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan and incorporating them into the broth. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender, stirring every 5 minutes. Stir in the cream and parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
4. Garnish with fresh basil and serve with extra parmesan cheese on the side.
Recipe credit: Robin Miller