Cuban Ground Beef Panini Burger
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
- 1 1/2 lbs Laura’s Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 tsp Ground cumin
- 4 tbsps Butter (softened and divided)
- 4 slices Swiss cheese (long slices, cut in half or 8 square slices Swiss cheese, divided)
- 1 tsp Garlic (finely chopped, use garlic press if possible)
- 1 tsp Water
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Yellow mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 slices Deli ham (good quality deli ham such as Virginia baked)
- 8 slices Long pickle slices (dill pickles cut into slices the long way)
- 4 slices Red onion
- 4 slices Tomato (thick slices)
- 4 Burger rolls or buns
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Mix the ground beef, salt, pepper and cumin and form into four patties the same width as your rolls.
2. Grill the burgers in a little of the butter to medium doneness, melting four of the half slices of Swiss over the tops before removing.
3. While the burgers are cooking, place the garlic and water in a very small bowl, cover and microwave for 30 seconds. Drain any water and place the now cooked garlic in a small mixing bowl with the mayonnaise and mustard and stir.
4. Cut the rolls in half and spread the mayonnaise mixture on the tops and bottom cuts. Save a little spread to serve on the side.
5. Place the remaining 4 slices of Swiss cheese, three slices of ham and two pickle slices on the bottom halves. Top with the four burgers. Divide the onion and tomato slices over the burgers then finish with the roll top.
6. Heat panini grill to 350 degrees F.
7. Take the remaining butter and smear four spots on the panini press and smear the rest on the roll tops.
8. Place the four sandwiches in the melted butter, close the top and press and cook just to brown the top and bottom and melt the cheese.
9. Serve immediately.
Select your email service