Skillet Beef & Veggie Hash
- 1/2 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef (96% lean)
- 2 tbsps Olive oil
- 1 Onion (peeled, chopped)
- 1 Sweet potato (peeled, diced)
- 8 ozs Fresh Brussels sprouts (halved)
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp Balsamic vinegar (to drizzle when serving)
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In an oven-proof 10-inch skillet, brown the beef until fully cooked and broken up into small pieces.
3. Add the olive oil and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 6 minutes until the onion is soft and slightly browned. Stir in the sweet potato and brussels sprouts.
4. With the back of a spatula or large spoon, press the beef and vegetables down to compress them together Cook for 4 to 5 minutes until vegetables are browned on the bottom. Stir the mixture and then press down again to compact the vegetables.
5. Place skillet in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the sweet potatoes are soft and the brussels sprouts just tender. Serve drizzled with balsamic vinegar.
Recipe credit: Maggie Green, RDN author of "The Essential Pantry"
Select your email service