- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef (96% lean)
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Water
- 14 ozs Low-sodium canned diced tomatoes (with basil, garlic and oregano)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 16 ozs Whole wheat lasagna noodles (oven ready, pre-cooked)
- 15 ozs Low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 cups Low-fat mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup Low-sodium parmesan cheese (grated)
- 28 ozs Low-sodium canned crushed tomatoes
*Serving calculations based on 16oz beef products.
For 12oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 60 Minutes
- Total Time: 80 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Preheat oven to 350oF. In large mixing bowl combine water, crushed tomatoes and diced tomatoes, black pepper, Italian seasoning, and pre-cooked ground beef. Stir to combine ingredients in the sauce.
2. Cover the bottom of a 9x13x2 inch baking pan with 1½ cups of sauce mixture. Arrange 1/3 of noodles on top of sauce, slightly overlapped. Top with 1/2 of cottage cheese, 1/2 of mozzarella cheese and 1 cup of sauce. Repeat layers and top with last 1/3 of noodles and the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
3. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours; until noodles are cooked. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calcium: 40.00%
- Calories: 330.00
- Carbohydrate Content: 38.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 35.00mg
- Fat Content: 8.00g
- Fiber Content: 7.00g
- Iron: 15.00%
- Protein Content: 26.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.60g
- Sodium Content: 480.00mg
- Vitamin A: 25.00%
Estimated values generated by Cook'n Software.