Meat Sauce and Pasta
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
- 6 ozs Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsps Onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1 cup Cauliflower florets (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup Carrot (shredded)
- 1 tsp Tomato paste
- 1 cup Marinara sauce
- 2 cups Cooked brown rice pasta (Fusilli)
*Serving calculations based on 16oz beef products.
For 12oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the oil and onion and cook for 2 minutes. Add the ground beef (or ground turkey), garlic, salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, until browned. Remove the ground beef from the pan and set aside.
2. Add the cauliflower and carrot to the pan. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, the add the tomato paste and marinara sauce and stir to combine. Add the ground beef back to the pan and simmer over low heat for another 5 minutes.
3. Serve on a plate over the pasta, garnish with fresh oregano or basil leaves...enjoy!
Recipe credit: Jen Widerstrom from her book Diet Right for Your Personality Type