Ground Beef & Red Wine Penne Pasta
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 2 tbsps EVOO
- 1 Medium onion (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh mushrooms (chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsps Tomato paste
- 2 cups Beef stock
- 1 can Italian style crushed tomatoes (14-ounce can)
- 1/2 cup Red wine (Merlot preferred)
- 1 pkg Penne pasta (16-ounce)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsps Fresh basil (chopped)
- 1 cup Tomato sauce
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Heat the olive oil in a tall sided Dutch oven over a medium high heat. Cook the onions, mushrooms, and garlic until the onion is translucent and the mushrooms are softened.
2. Add in the ground beef and cook until it is no longer pink.
3. Stir in the tomato paste and combine well with the beef and onions. Add the crushed tomatoes, beef stock, and wine. Stir until well combined.
4. Mix in the penne pasta and bring the mixture to a boil.
5. Stir in the chopped fresh basil, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Add 1 cup of tomato sauce to the pan and mix until heated through, about 5 minutes.
7. Serve with garlic bread and a tossed salad.