Spicy Poblano Bolognese Pasta
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hours
Total Time: 80 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1 pkg Pastabilities Pasta
- 2 Poblano peppers (seeded, diced)
- 1 Medium onion (peeled, chopped)
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- 1 Large carrot (peeled, chopped)
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cans Tomato sauce (8-ounce cans)
- 1 can Copped tomatoes (15.5-ounce can)
- 3/4 cup Dry white wine
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 tbsp Dried oregano
- Grated parmesan cheese, to taste (parmesan)
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 1 Hours
- Total Time: 80 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Preheat your oven’s broiler.
2. Place poblano peppers on a baking tray and roast them under the broiler until they look browned, about 8-10 minutes flip them once. Remove from oven, transfer to a dish and cover with plastic wrap. Let rest for 3-5 minutes. Remove their skin and clean out the seeds. Chop and set aside.
3. In a food processor, add onions, garlic and carrot and process until finely chopped. Set aside.
4. Heat the oil in a medium-size pot on medium-high heat. Add ground beef and cook, use a wooden spoon to break apart the larger pieces. Cook for 5-8 minutes until you no longer see any red or pink. Add chopped vegetables and cook until they become translucent. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Add tomatoes, wine, bay leaf and oregano. Reduce heat and cook on low for 45-60 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chopped roasted peppers and cook for 3-5 minutes.
6. Serve sauce over your favorite pasta and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.