Extra Veggie Sloppy Joes
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
- 2 lbs Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 onion (small, diced)
- 4 ozs button mushrooms (chopped finely)
- 1 zucchini (small, diced)
- 1 yellow, red or orange bell pepper (small, diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsps chili powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- 2 tsps Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp cayenne (optional)
- 3/4 cup water
- 8 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 2 tsps pickle juice
- 4 dill pickle spears (cut in half crosswise)
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- salt & pepper (to taste)
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add the oil followed by the Laura's 92% Lean ground beef, then season with salt and pepper. Cook the ground beef until browned, breaking it up as you go. Add the onions, mushrooms, zucchini, bell pepper, and garlic. Continue cooking until all of the liquid evaporates, about 6 minutes, then cook for 2 minutes more to caramelize the meat a little.
2. Add the ketchup, brown sugar, chili powder, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne (if using), and water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to low and simmer until the sloppy joes become saucy and delicious.
3. While the sloppy joe mixture is simmering, combine the pickle juice and shredded cabbage in a medium bowl.
4. Evenly distribute the sloppy joe mixture among the buns and top with an even amount of pickled cabbage. Place the top bun on, serve with a half pickle, and enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 368.00
- Carbohydrate Content: 36.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 101.00mg
- Fiber Content: 7.00g
- Protein Content: 41.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3.00g
- Sodium Content: 1105.00mg
- Sugar Content: 17.00g
- Total Fat Content: 9.00g
Estimated values generated by Cook'n Software.