- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef (96% lean)
- Vegetable oil or avocado oil
- 1 Medium yellow onion (finely diced)
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Oregano
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp Fresh ground black pepper
- 4 Medium yellow potatoes (diced)
- 3 Large carrots (diced)
- 1/2 cup Tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp Tomato paste
- Hot sauce or red pepper flakes to taste
- 4 cups Water or broth
*Serving calculations based on 16oz beef products.
For 12oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Total Time: 55 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Brown the ground beef in vegetable oil, breaking up the meat as it cooks. Once it's brown, add the onions, garlic, and seasonings.
2. Add the potatoes, carrots, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and hot sauce or red pepper flakes and stir everything together.
3. Add enough water or broth to cover all the ingredients barely. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover, lower the heat to a rolling boil and cook for 30-35 minutes. Uncover and simmer for 5-10 minutes to cook off excess liquid, if needed.
4. Taste and add more salt, if needed, and top with chopped parsley (optional).
Recipe credit: Jenny Levine Finke