Easy Beef Enchilada Skillet
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Large onion (diced)
- 1 Green bell pepper (diced)
- 1 Jalapeño (diced, seeded)
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 1/2 tsps Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp Ancho chili powder
- 1 can Black beans or kidney beans (drained)
- 10 ozs Red enchilada sauce
- 6 Corn tortillas (quartered)
- 1 pt Cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 2 cups Dairy-free shredded cheese
- 8 ozs Dairy-free unsweetened yogurt
- Avocado, fresh cilantro, sour cream (optional toppings)
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place an oven safe skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil, ground beef and onion. Brown the meat and then add the spices, green pepper and jalapeno. Sauté for 5 minutes. Toss in the beans and tomatoes.
2. Remove the mixture from the pan and place in a glass bowl. Add the enchilada sauce and yogurt to the pan. Cook for a couple minutes, stirring well. turn off the heat.
3. Add the corn tortillas, pushing them down into the sauce and coming up on the sides on the skillet. Add the ground beef mixture on top. Top with cheese and bake for 20 minutes.
4. Remove, top with avocado, fresh cilantro, jalapeno, sour cream. Enjoy!
Recipe credit: Danielle Cochran
Select your email service