Air Fryer French Onion Sliders
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 1/2 Yellow onion (sliced thin)
- 2 tbsps Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Brown sugar
- 8 Slider buns
- 4 slices Swiss cheese (halved)
- 1 cup Fresh arugula
- Cooking spray
*Serving calculations based on 16oz beef products.
For 12oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Spray the air fryer basket with cooking oil, then preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Prepare the onions: To a large, non-stick skillet, add olive oil and heat on medium-high heat. Add onions, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar. Reduce the heat to low and allow to cook, stirring frequently, for 12-15 minutes. Remove from heat when onions and soft and golden brown.
3. Prepare burger patties: In a large bowl, add ingredients for burger patties. Stir to combine.Divide the burger mixture into 8 balls, then flatten them into small patties.
4. Air Fry: Place patties in the preheated air fryer basket in a single layer, then spray lightly with cooking spray. Air fry for about 5 minutes, then flip and place the cheese slices on top of the patties. Air fry for an additional 1-2 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit using a meat thermometer. Remove the juicy air fryer hamburgers and allow them to rest on a plate, tented with aluminum foil.
5. Toast Buns: While the patties rest, add the buns to the air fryer to warm and toast for 1-2 minutes.
6. Assemble: To assemble the sliders, place the cooked burger patty with cheese on the bottom bun, then add a spoonful of onions and arugula, and the top bun.
Recipe credit: Michelle Goth