Double Decker Burger
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
- 2 lbs Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 2 tbsps Gourmet burger seasoning
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup Barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 1/4 cup Dill pickles (finely diced)
- 1 tbsp Dill pickle juice
- 1/4 tsp Ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 8 slices Cheddar cheese
- 4 Potato hamburger buns
- Shredded lettuce (garnish)
- Tomato slices (garnish)
- Dill pickle slices (garnish)
- 1 Yellow onion (optional garnish; sliced, grilled)
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. In a large bowl, mix Laura's 92% Lean ground beef, burger seasoning, Worcestershire sauce and barbeque sauce together until these are well combined and evenly mixed.
2. Line a 4-inch lid with plastic wrap. Add 3-4 spoons of hamburger mixture to the lid and fold the platic wrap over the top to press and mold the burger patty. Place the patty on a plate or platter. Continue this process until you have created 8 patties, about 1/4 pound each, 1/3-1/2 inch thick and 4 inches across.
3. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. This will help the burgers keep their shape on the grill.
4. While the burgers are resting, make the secret sauce: stir mayonnaise together with ketchup, pickles, pickle juice, ground pepper and garlic powder. Place in the refrigerator.
5. Prep your burger toppings: slice tomatoes, grill onions, wash and shred or tear lettuce.
6. To grill, place each burger on a preheated grill. Cook 3 minutes per side. Add cheddar cheese slices on each patty, cover and cook for 1 minute. Turn off the grill and continue cooing for another 3 minutes or untio the burgers register 160 degrees Farenheit.
7. Stack two burgers together and place them on the hamburger buns. Add plenty of secret sauce and any other desired toppings. Enjoy!