Ground Beef & Rice Skillet
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Medium onion (chopped)
- 1 Medium green pepper (chopped)
- 1 Jalapeño pepper (seeded, finely chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups Uncooked instant rice
- 1 can Diced tomatoes with green chiles (14-ounce can)
- 1 1/2 cups Beef broth
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 cup Mexican cheese (shredded)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. In a large skillet, cook beef, onion, green pepper and jalapeno over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, 8-10 minutes, breaking beef into crumbles; drain.
2. Add rice, tomatoes, broth and seasonings. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Simmer, covered, until liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese. Let stand, covered, until cheese is melted.
Select your email service