Campfire Ground Beef Cowboy Beans
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hours
Total Time: 80 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 lb Bacon (chopped)
- 1 Medium onion (chopped)
- 2 Jalapeño peppers (chopped, or use a bell pepper for a milder version)
- 4 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 2 tbsps Spicy brown mustard
- 2 tbsps Molasses
- 2 tbsps Red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cans Kidney beans (16-ounce cans, drained)
- 1 can Butter beans (16-ounce can, drained)
- 1 can Pork and beans (16-ounce can)
- Hot sauce to taste
- Shredded cheese for serving
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 1 Hours
- Total Time: 80 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Heat a large pan or pot to medium heat. A Dutch oven is good for this.
2. Cook the bacon in the pan about 5 minutes, or until it becomes nice and crispy. Remove and drain on a paper towel. Remove any excess grease.
3. Next, add the chopped onion and peppers. Cook them down 5 minutes to soften.
4. Add the ground beef and break it apart with a wooden spoon. Cook it down about 5 minutes to brown it all over, stirring.
5. Stir in the garlic and cook another minute, until you can smell that gorgeous garlic.
6. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
7. Stir the BBQ sauce, ketchup, mustard, molasses, vinegar, brown sugar, chili powder, and salt and pepper into the mix.
8. Stir in all the beans and reserved bacon. If you’d like a kicked-up version, stir in some hot sauce as well.
9. Set it into the oven and bake for 1 hour.
10. Remove from heat. Top with cheese, if desired, or enjoy it as it! Serve with extra hot sauce!
Select your email service