One-Pot Ground Beef Cheeseburger Macaroni
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
- 1 1/2 lbs Laura’s Lean Ground Beef
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 2 tsps Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 3 tbsps Tomato paste
- MAC & CHEESE:
- 1 lb Short pasta, such as elbow macaroni
- 3 cups Whole milk (warmed)
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 3 tbsps Butter
- 2 tsps Mustard powder
- 2 cups American cheese (finely chopped)
- 3 cups Extra sharp cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 cup Parmesan (grated)
- Salt and pepper to taste
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Add olive oil, chopped onion, ground beef, and seasonings to a large pot and sauté until the meat is fully cooked and the onions are translucent. Thoroughly mix in tomato paste, sauté for 2 minutes, then transfer the meat mixture to a bowl and set aside.
2. Use the same pot to cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente, about 2 minutes less than package instructions. While pasta is cooking, warm the milk in a separate pot.
3. Drain pasta once cooked, ***reserving at least 1 cup of the pasta water.***
4. Return the empty pot to the stove over medium heat and add butter. When butter melts and foams, add flour and whisk until darkened slightly, 1 to 2 minutes. Add mustard powder and whisk to combine.
5. Slowly whisk in the warm milk and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring consistently to prevent the flour from burning or overcooking, for about 3 – 4 minutes.
6. Reduce heat to low and add cheese in 3 batches, starting with American cheese. Whisk to fully combine, then follow with cheddar and Parmesan (whisk to fully combine after adding each cheese). Season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
7. Fold the meat mixture into the cheese sauce, then fold in the pasta, and serve.